2015 CANADA Budweiser Red Light Text Contest RULES
IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS ("OFFICIAL RULES") BEFORE ENTERING THE 2015 CANADA Budweiser Red Light Text Contest (THE "CONTEST"). BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, AN ENTRANT REPRESENTS THAT HE OR SHE SATISFIES ALL OF THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS BELOW AND AGREES TO BE BOUND UNCONDITIONALLY BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND ALL DECISIONS OF LABATT BREWERIES OF CANADA LP (THE “CONTEST SPONSOR”).
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MUST BE LEGAL DRINKING AGE IN YOUR PROVINCE OR TERRITORY OF RESIDENCE AND A RESIDENT OF CANADA (EXCLUDING QUEBEC) TO PARTICIPATE.
Participants must have a mobile phone with SMS messaging capabilities to enter by text message. Standard text message and data rates may apply. Entrants are solely responsible for any such charges. Not all wireless carriers participate.
1. HOW TO PLAY.Starting on approximately October 1, 2015 in participating locations (while supplies last), a contest PIN card featuring a unique PIN code will be distributed by your server with the purchase of a Budweiser product (or without purchase upon request). To participate in the Contest, you must have a mobile telephone that has two-way messaging capabilities and mobile data service or the ability to access an Internet-connected WiFi network. To play, generate a new text message and send your PIN code to 80808. The Contest Sponsor’s designated text messaging agent will send a reply message with a web link to the contest website. Before it is revealed if you are a potential winner, you will be required to enter your date of birth and province or territory of residence to verify you are eligible to participate in the Contest. If you are a potential winner, to claim your prize, you will be prompted to provide the correct answer to a skill-testing question and fill in the required redemption fields. Each PIN Code can only be used once. If more than one PIN code is submitted (total of two  entries per day are permitted), each will result in a separate reply message with a distinct participation web link. Not all phones offer text messaging. Consult your phone’s instruction manual to determine how to compose and send a text message. All entries must be received by 11:59 pm EST on October 31, 2015 (the “Contest Close Date”). Entries received after the Contest Close Date are ineligible.
2. CONTEST CLOSE DATE. The Contest will run from approximately October 1, 2015, until 11:59 pm EST on October 31, 2015 (the “Contest Period”). Limit two (2) contest entries per person per day.
3. PRIZE. There is a total of 1 prize available to be won per participating locations, each consisting of 1 Budweiser Red Light kit, including Budweiser Red Light device and instructions for use (the “Prize”). The approximate retail value of the Budweiser Red Light is $159.99 CAN. Beverage alcohol is not included in the prize. Budweiser Red Light set up, adherence to kit instructions, maintenance, repairs, and any other related expenses not specified herein are the sole responsibility of the winner. For full requirements and frequently asked questions please visit budweiser.ca/redlight/FAQ. Labatt is not responsible for use or misuse of prize once delivered. Prize will be mailed within approximately 6–8 weeks after redemption form and confirmation email is received.
4. ODDS. The odds of winning a prize are 1 in 600. The number of prizes available to be won will reduce as prizes are won/claimed.
5. ELIGIBILITY. The contest is open to any resident of Canada (excluding Quebec) who has reached the legal drinking age in their province or territory of residence, who is not an employee, contractor, agent or representative of the Contest Sponsor or its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, agencies, distribution companies, the applicable provincial liquor authorities, participating liquor licensees, prize suppliers, the contest judge or any person who is an immediate family member (parent, spouse, sibling, child) or is domiciled with any of the foregoing persons. The provincial liquor authorities are not connected with this contest in any manner whatsoever and are not liable in any way whatsoever in regard to any matter, which relates to this contest. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of the entrant who submitted a selected entry with a mobile phone, the selected entry will be deemed to be made by the Authorized Account Holder (defined below) of the mobile phone number at the time of entry. The “Authorized Account Holder” is the natural person who is assigned a mobile telephone number by a wireless provider, telecommunications carrier or other organization responsible for assigning the submitted mobile telephone number associated with the selected entry.
6. COMPLETION OF PRIZE CLAIM. Potential winner(s) must correctly answer a skill-testing question without assistance, complete the required redemption fields and otherwise be in compliance with these rules to be declared a winner.
7. AWARDING OF PRIZES. Prizes must be accepted as awarded. Prizes are non-transferable and non-redeemable for cash. No substitutions, except by the Contest Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with a prize of equal or greater value. The awarding of a prize may be conditional upon the winner signing a declaration, publicity consent, waiver and release in a form acceptable to Contest Sponsor and/or the applicable provincial liquor authorities. By participating in this contest, all participants declare that they have read, understood and complied with the contest rules, consent to the use of their name, biographical information and/or likeness for the purposes of advertising and promotion without further compensation, agree to abide by all decisions by the Contest Sponsor (which are final), and agree to release and hold harmless the Contest Sponsor, its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agencies from any liability in connection with participating in this contest and/or any prize awarded.
RELEASE: By entering the Contest and/or accepting a prize, the entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Contest Sponsor, its parent companies, subsidiaries, professional advisors, provincial liquor agencies, license/control boards and their liquor licensees, and their respective advertising and promotional agencies (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any liability whatsoever and waive any and all causes of action, for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising out of, or in connection with, the Contest or acceptance, possession, or use of any prize (including without limitation claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory. Failure to comply with these provisions may result in disqualification.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. The Released Parties shall not be liable any damages caused or alleged to be caused by or resulting from: (i) any entry, prize or other correspondence or data that is lost, stolen, late, garbled, distorted, delayed, damaged or misdirected for any reason, including; (ii) any failure, interruption, technical malfunction or delay; (iii) any e-mail, text message or other communication sent or received to or from the Contest Sponsor or any of its agents or designees, for any reason; for any incorrect, untimely or inaccurate information, whether caused by the Site, users or by equipment or programming errors associated with or utilized in the Contest; (iv) any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of any entry or entries in the Contest; for problems with the function of any website or website feature (including, without limitation, the Site or any features thereon), howsoever caused; (v) the malfunction of, or damage caused to, any telephone network or lines, computer equipment, data, software, online systems, servers or access providers; (vi) any functionality lost due to not having cookies enabled; (vii) for traffic congestion on the Internet; (viii) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks; (ix) breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer "hackers" or for any damage caused to or incurred by any entrant or any other person by reason of any such event or occurrence; or (x) technical, hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions including lost, misappropriated or corrupted entries, virus, worm or Trojan Horse damage or any other damage which may limit a participant's ability to participate in the Contest.
9. ERRORS. The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for errors in the offer or administration of this contest, including but not limited to, errors in the advertising, the contest rules, the selection and announcement of the winners or the distribution of any prize. In the event that, due to a printing or production error, more than the advertised number of prizes are available, no more than the number of prizes specified by the Contest Sponsor in the contest display shall be awarded. In such case, there will be a random draw conducted amongst all eligible prize claimants after the contest closing date to award the specified prize(s).
10. DISQUALIFICATIONS. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found (i) to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (ii) to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or (iii) to be acting in an un-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY ALTER OR DAMAGE ANY ENTRY OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY SUCH ENTRANT OR INDIVIDUAL AND SEEK DAMAGES OR ANY OTHER REMEDY FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT OR INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
11. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAWS. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, municipal and local laws. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to modify or terminate this contest at any time without notice to participants. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
®/MD Anheuser-Busch, LLC