The Canadian Red Cross has been activated to support Canada's response to COVID-19, including:
- Providing emotional and psychosocial support via phone and referring Canadians to specialized mental health care
- Supporting the distribution of financial assistance to those eligible through provincial government programs
- Helping people through the uncertainty by providing key information and referrals to available assistance
- Distributing emergency supplies, such as cots, blankets and hygiene kits upon request by local authorities.
- Budweiser will donate $500,000 to the Canadian Red Cross Fund in support of the whole organization's efforts, which will be used wherever the need is greatest