BCL EXCLUSIVE: BUDWEISER BBQ A WEEK Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Must be legal drinking age and a resident of British Columbia to participate. During the contest period, consumers can look inside specially-marked 36 x 355ml can packs of Budweiser, available at participating BC Liquor stores across British Columbia for a Budweiser PIN code (the “PIN”), while supplies last. See list of participating products in Rule 4. Contest starts on May 16th, 2022, at 12:00:00 pm (noon) Eastern Time (“ET”), and Contest closes Sept 5th, 2022, at 11:59:59 pm ET (the “Contest Period”).
- SPONSOR: This Contest is sponsored by Labatt Brewing Company Limited (the “Contest Sponsor”)
- ELIGIBILITY: The contest is open to any legal resident British Columbia who is of 19 years of age or older who is not an employee, contractor, agent or representative of Labatt Brewing Company Limited (the "Contest Sponsor"), or its affiliates, agencies, distribution companies, and who is not an employee of the applicable provincial liquor agencies, license control/boards and their licensees, retailers, or distributors (the “Provincial Liquor Authorities”), prize suppliers, the contest judge (collectively the “Contest Parties”), or a member of the immediate family (parent, spouse, sibling, child) of, or domiciled with any of the foregoing persons. The Provincial Liquor Authorities are not connected with this contest in any manner whatsoever and are not liable in any way whatsoever in regard to any matter which relates to this contest.
To be eligible, participants must have online access with a valid email address as of the date of their entry. Each unique PIN can only be entered once. If the identity of an entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The individual assigned to the email address by an online service provider, Internet access provider or other organization responsible for assigning the email address for the domain associated with the submitted email address is considered the authorized account holder. An entrant may be required to provide the Contest Sponsor with proof that they are the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry.
If you participate via a mobile device, you may incur standard data charges from your wireless service provider. Check with your wireless service provider for details on these and other applicable charges. Entrants are solely responsible for any such data charges. If you do not have Internet access via a personal computer, your local library or Internet café may be able to provide access to the Internet and a number of Internet service providers and other companies offer free email accounts.
- CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest starts on May 16th, 2022, at 12:00:00 pm (noon) ET, and the Contest closes on September 5th, 2022, at 11:59:59 pm ET (the “Contest Close Date”).
- NO PURCHASE NECCESSARY: To receive a PIN without purchase, please send a self-addressed postage stamped envelope and a unique 300 words essay on "Why do you love BBQ?" addressed to "BBQ A WEEK Contest - BC" to, 180 Henri Dunant St., Moncton, NB, E1E 1E6. Limit one request per postage stamped envelope. Include your name, return mailing address, the statement "19 years of age or older and a resident of British Columbia” and your signature. Requests must be received in time so that a PIN can be mailed to you in time to participate before the Contest Close Date. While supplies last.
- HOW TO ENTER: During the Contest Period, visit http://www.Budweiser.ca/BBQaWeekThis link redirects to another website. and follow the instructions to enter the unique PIN. An on-screen message will confirm the validity of your PIN. You will then be required to fully complete and submit a Contest entry form in order for your entry to be valid. All valid entries will receive one (1) ballot for the Grand Prize draw based on the table below (each a “Grand Prize Draw Period”). Limit 2 unique PIN entries per individual per day during the Contest Period.
Grand Prize Draw Period
Entry Start Date
Entry End Date
May 16, 2022
May 23, 2022
May 24, 2022
May 30, 2022
May 31, 2022
June 6, 2022
June 7, 2022
June 13, 2022
June 14, 2022
June 20, 2022
June 21, 2022
June 27, 2022
June 28, 2022
July 4, 2022
July 5, 2022
July 11, 2022
July 12, 2022
July 18, 2022
July 19, 2022
July 25, 2022
July 26, 2022
August 1, 2022
August 2, 2022
August 8, 2022
August 9, 2022
August 15, 2022
August 16, 2022
August 22, 2022
August 23, 2022
August 29, 2022
August 30, 2022
September 5, 2022
You will be entered into the applicable Grand Prize Draw Period based on the date and time that you submit your entry. (See rule 8 for details about the grand prizes for each period.)
All entries must be properly received and recorded by the Administrator’s computer within the Contest Period in order to be eligible to receive a Grand Prize ballot.
No other form of submitting an entry is valid other than as stated above. Multiple participants may not share the same email address. Participants may not enter with multiple email addresses, nor may participants use any other device to enter under multiple identities. Any participant who attempts to enter with multiple email addresses or accounts under multiple identities will be disqualified and forfeits any prize won, in the Administrator’s sole discretion.
- HOW TO WIN:
Grand Prize Random Monthly Draw: Random draws will be conducted on May 24, 2022 for Grand Prize Draw Period One (1), May 31, 2022 for Grand Prize Draw Period Two (2), June 7, 2022 for Grand Prize Draw Period Three (3), June 14, 2022 for Grand Prize Draw Period Four (4), June 21, 2022 for Grand Prize Draw Period Five (5), June 28, 2022 for Grand Prize Draw Period Six (6), July 5, 2022 for Grand Prize Draw Period Seven (7), July 12, 2022 for Grand Prize Draw Period Eight (8), July 19, 2022 for Grand Prize Draw Period Nine (9), July 26, 2022 Grand Prize Draw Period Ten (10), August 2, 2022 for Grand Prize Draw Period Eleven (11), August 9, 2022 for Grand Prize Draw Period Twelve (12), August 16, 2022 for Grand Prize Draw Period Thirteen (13), August 23, 2022 for Grand Prize Draw Period Fourteen (14), August 30, 2022 for Grand Prize Draw Period Fifteen (15), and September 6, 2022 for Grand Prize Draw Period Sixteen (16) at 2:00 pm ET from among all eligible entries received during that Grand Prize Draw Period to select entrants eligible to win a Grand Prize. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received within each Grand Prize Draw Period. The selected will be notified by email within three (3) business days following the draw (the “Notification”). Please see the additional prize conditions in Rule 8 for conditions applicable to the Grand Prizes.
The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled, illegible or incomplete No Purchase requests. Proof of transmission (e.g. screenshots) does not constitute proof of receipt. If any Grand Prize Draw Period does not have any eligible entries, no prize will be awarded for the draw period.
See “How To Claim a Prize” for further information.
- PRIZES: There are a total of sixteen (16) Grand Prizes available to be won (one for each Grand Prize Draw Period), each consisting of one (1) Propane BBQ, one (1) BBQ apron, one (1) Metal Cooler, and one (1) BBQ Tool Set with Case. Approximate retail value of each Grand Prize is $1,250 CAD.
The number of prizes available to be won will diminish as they are claimed throughout the Contest Period. Once the total number of prizes have been distributed, no further prizes will be available. Prizes must be accepted as awarded. Prizes are non-transferable and non-redeemable for cash. No substitutions, except by the Contest Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with a prize of equal or greater value. Awarding of a prize is subject to verification and compliance with the Rules. Entrants who have not complied with the Rules will be disqualified. The Contest Sponsor makes no representations or warranties of any kind concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize. The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for any Prize once it has been shipped. Prize may be forfeited if delivery cannot be effected following reasonable efforts by Contest Sponsor. Any unclaimed prize will not be awarded. The Contest Sponsor will mail the prize, as applicable, directly to the address that the confirmed winner has indicated. Contest Sponsor will not deliver to a P.O. Box. Delivery may take up to 6-8 weeks after verification.
- HOW TO CLAIM A PRIZE:
In order to be declared a potential winner you must do the following:
(i) Respond to the notification from the Contest Sponsor’s designated agent within three (3) business days and provide the information requested and setup a phone call;
(ii) Correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical, electronic or otherwise, the required time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by the Contest Sponsors’ designated agent at a mutually agreeable time;
(iii) Sign the official declaration of compliance and prize release form, which includes releasing the Contest Parties from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of any Prize or any portion thereof and return to the Contest Sponsors’ designated agent by fax or email within three (3) business days of receipt of the official declaration of compliance and prize release form; and
(iv) Otherwise comply with these Rules.
If a potential winner of a Prize fails to meet any of these requirements, they will be disqualified and forfeit the Prize they have been selected as eligible to win. The potential winner of any Prize may be required to furnish proof of identification that may include a driver’s license or other form of government photo identification as part of the verification process. The Contest Parties will not be responsible for failed attempts to notify any potential winner.
- ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: By participating in this Contest, entrant accepts and agrees to these Rules and all decisions of the Contest judges (who may be employees, agents or independent contractors of the Contest Sponsor or Administrator), which shall be final and legally binding on entrant in all matters relating to this Contest. All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsor and will not be returned. In order to be confirmed a winner and receive any prize, the selected entrant will be required to sign and/or digitally accept the Contest Sponsor’s Declaration of Compliance and Prize Release form which confirms compliance with these Rules and releases the Contest Sponsor, the Contest Parties from all liability with respect to the entrant’s participation in this Contest and the awarding, use/misuse of any prize. Winners agree to the use of his/her name, image, likeness, persona, and city/province of residence for publicity purposes, and grants to the Contest Sponsor any and all rights to said use without further notice or compensation. The Contest Sponsor and their respective affiliates are not responsible for printing, technical errors, distribution, or production errors. The Contest Parties do not warrant that access to or use of the Contest will be uninterrupted or error-free.
Entrants and/or winners assume liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participating in the Contest, by the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize awarded, including but not limited to claims/damages for personal injury, or property damage. Moreover, as a condition of entering, entrants agree: (a) to release the Contest Sponsor, the Administrator, the Contest Parties, and each of their officers, directors, employees and agents, from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to participating in the Contest or the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize , (b) that under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim for all such damages; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding legal fees and court costs. This exclusion or limitation of liability will not apply to the extent that any applicable statue prohibits such exclusion or limitation of liability.
- EVENTS INTERFERING WITH CONTEST ADMINISTRATION:
- Termination, Modification or Suspension: The Contest Sponsor may, at their sole discretion and without liability to Contest entrants, terminate the Contest in whole or in part, or modify or suspend the Contest at any time without notice, subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux, if required with respect to the province of Quebec, in the event any of the following situations arise in the Contest Sponsor’s sole opinion: any impedence or prevention of the Contest Sponsor ability to administer the Contest as planned or intended by an event beyond the Contest Sponsor control, including but not limited to an act of God, fire, flood, natural or manmade epidemic or crisis, earthquake, explosion, labour dispute or strike, telecommunications equipment failure, utility-related disruptions, software viruses, software bugs, computer programming errors, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared), any federal, provincial, territorial or local government law, order or regulation, public health crisis, pandemic, the order of any court or jurisdiction, or by any other cause not reasonably within the Contest Sponsor control. Without restricting the generality of the foregoing, and subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux, if required, if for any reason more entrants receive
- notification of eligibility to win a prize than the number of prizes stated herein, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate the Contest in whole or in part, or amend or suspend it and award only the number of prizes stated in these Rules via a random drawing for the prizes not yet distributed at the time the Contest is terminated, suspended or amended.
- Procedure upon Early Termination: In the event of early termination of the Contest, a notice will be posted online and a random drawing to award the prize(s) will be conducted from among all eligible entries received prior to the time of termination. In no event will the number of prizes awarded exceed the available number of prizes as specified in these Rules.
- RELEASE: By participating in this Contest, all participants declare that they have read, understood and complied with the Rules, and for winners, consent to the use of their name, biographical information and/or likeness for the purposes of advertising and promotion without further compensation, agree to abide by all decisions by the Contest Sponsor (which are final), and agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless the Contest Parties, and each of their affiliates, directors, officers, employees, professional advisors and advertising and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any liability in connection with participating in this Contest and/or any prize awarded. The Released Parties are not responsible for technical, hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions including lost, misappropriated or corrupted entries, virus, worm or Trojan Horse damage or any other damage which may limit a participant's ability to participate in the Contest. Before a prize is awarded, prize winners may be required to sign a standard declaration of compliance with the Rules and release form(s) in a form acceptable to the Provincial Liquor Authorities releasing the Released Parties from any and all liability arising out of, pursuant to, or as a result of the carrying out of the Contest, including, without limitation, liability arising from the acceptance of and usage of the prizes as awarded, the administration of the Contest and the selection of a potential winner.
- GENERAL: PINs obtained through unauthorized sources or which are not original or are illegible, altered, reproduced, stolen, forged, counterfeited, irregular, or that contain printing or other errors are void. All decisions of the Contest Sponsor shall be final. The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for errors in the offer or administration of this Contest, including but not limited to, errors in the advertising, the Contest Rules, selection of the winners or the distribution of any prize. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, municipal and local laws. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to modify or terminate this Contest at any time without notice to participants
- DISPUTES: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and the Contest Sponsors in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the Province of Ontario without regard to conflicts of law principles. All entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the Province of Ontario.
- CONFLICTS/DISCREPANCIES: In the event of a conflict between any Contest details contained in these Rules and any Contest details contained in Contest advertising materials (including, but not limited to, online, point of sale, television, and print advertising, promotional packaging, and other promotion media), the details of the Contest as set forth in these Rules shall prevail.
- INVALIDITY: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
®/MD Anheuser-Busch LLC.
BUDWEISER BC BBQ A WEEK – SHORT RULES AND REGULATIONS (Packaging, PIN, POS, Displays)
ENJOY RESPONSIBLY. PIN CODES EXPIRE SEPTEMBER 5th, 2022.
†Please enjoy responsibly. *No purchase necessary. Must be 19 years of age or older and a legal resident of British Columbia. Visit https://www.Budweiser.ca/BBQaWeekThis link redirects to another website. to enter your PIN code, to find full contest rules and to learn how to enter without purchase. Total of 16 Grand Prizes consisting of one (1) Propane BBQ, one (1) BBQ apron, one (1) Metal Cooler, and one (1) BBQ Tool Set with Case, given away each week during the contest (ARV $1,250 CAD). Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received in each draw period. Skill-testing question required. Redemption/Shipping of prizes restricted to British Columbia. Items may not be exactly as shown. Contest closes Sept 5th, 2022 (PIN ENTRY DEADLINE).