Budweiser 2014 Twitter Contest - "Red Light Giveaway" OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS ("OFFICIAL RULES") BEFORE ENTERING THE BUDWEISER 2014 TWITTER CONTEST "RED LIGHT GIVEAWAY" (THE "CONTEST"). BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, EACH ENTRANT REPRESENTS THAT HE OR SHE SATISFIES ALL OF THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS BELOW AND AGREES TO BE BOUND UNCONDITIONALLY BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND ALL DECISIONS OF LABATT BREWERIES OF CANADA (THE "CONTEST SPONSOR").
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MUST BE LEGAL DRINKING AGE IN YOUR PROVINCE OR TERRITORY OF RESIDENCE. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF CANADA ONLY, EXCLUDING QUEBEC.
1. HOW TO PLAY: The Contest begins on January 20, 2014. To play, entrants must have Internet access, a valid Twitter account, a valid email address and a valid phone number. To enter the Contest, entrants must follow the Budweiser Canada Twitter page and tweet to the handle (@budcanada) telling us your favorite goal moment. All entries submitted on the Budweiser Canada Twitter page at the close of the Contest Period will count as one (1) entry into the Contest by the individual, determined by the Contest Sponsor in its sole discretion. Limit of one (1) entry per individual, per Contest Period, and per associated twitter handle and email address for the Contest Period. Entries will be stored in a Contest database and will be drawn in accordance with these Official Rules (Contest database and the site at which these Official Rules are published by Contest Sponsor referred to collectively as "Contest Website").
2. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest commences on or about 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("EST") on January 20, 2014 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. EST on January 26, 2014 (the "Contest Period"), after which time no further entries will be accepted.
3. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to residents of Canada only, excluding Quèbec, who are legal drinking age in their province or territory of residence and who are not employees, contractors, agents or representatives of the Contest Sponsor or its parent companies, their subsidiaries, affiliates, agencies, distribution companies, the applicable provincial liquor authorities, participating liquor licensees, prize suppliers, the Contest judge, or any person who is domiciled with any of the foregoing persons. The provincial liquor authorities are not connected with this Contest in any manner whatsoever and are not liable in any way whatsoever in regard to any matter, which relates to this Contest.
4. PRIZING: There are three (3) prizes available to be won. Each prize consists of one (1) Budweiser Red Light, one (1) instruction manual, and one (1) set up kit. Budweiser Red Light set up, adherence to kit instructions, maintenance, repairs, and any other related expenses not specified herein are the sole responsibility of the winner. For full requirements and frequently asked questions please visit budweiser.ca/redlight/FAQ.
The approximate retail value of the prize is $149.
Odds of winning a prize depends on the total number of eligible entries received prior to each draw date (as set out below).
5. AWARDING OF PRIZES: Prizes will be awarded by random draw at predetermined times throughout the Contest Period as prescribed below in subsection (i). All entries that are not selected as a winner will be eligible for selection in the next draw, up until the end of the Contest Period on January 26, 2014.
(i) All prizes will be drawn at approximately 12:00 p.m. EST. Prize #1 will be drawn on January 23, 2014, Prize #2 will be drawn on January 25, 2014, and Prize #3 will be drawn on January 27, 2014.
Process for Each Draw: One (1) entrant will be randomly selected on the dates outlined above by the Contest Sponsor or its administrative appointee ("Administrator") in Toronto, Ontario from among all eligible entries received up to 11:59:59 a.m. EST on the day of the draw for prizes 1 and 2, and until 11:59:59 p.m. on the final day of the Contest Period for prize 3. The selected entrants will be notified by the Contest Sponsor or Administrator via tweet or Direct Message on Twitter, corresponding to the selected entry within twenty-four (24) hours following the draw in question. The entrants must then contact the Contest Sponsor to claim the prize. In the event one or more of the selected entrants have not contacted the Contest Sponsor or Administrator within twenty-four (24) hours of the first notification by the Contest Sponsor or Administrator via tweet or Twitter Direct Message, the entrant(s) will be contacted twice (2) more within a forty-eight (48) hour period. If the entrant(s) fail to respond after three (3) attempts by the Contest Sponsor to contact, or if they fail to comply with any of the conditions of eligibility or other conditions associated with receiving a prize in the Contest (see below), another entrant may, at the Contest Sponsor's sole discretion, be selected by random draw in which case that entrant will become the selected entrant and the previously selected entrant then will be disqualified and have no right to any prize. This method will continue until a selected entrant is successfully contacted and confirmed.
6. CONDITIONS AND RELEASE: Before being declared a winner, the entrant/selected entrant must have completed a correctly answered, unaided, mathematical skill-testing question administered at a time and in a manner to be determined by the Contest Sponsor or the Administrator. Before the prize is awarded, the prize winner must sign a standard declaration of compliance with the Official Rules and release form(s) releasing Twitter, the Contest Sponsor (including its directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents), its parent companies, subsidiaries, professional advisors, provincial liquor authorities and advertising and promotional agencies (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any and all liability arising out of, pursuant to, or as a result of the carrying out of the Contest, including, without limitation, liability arising from the acceptance of and usage of the prizes as awarded, the administration of the Contest and the selection of a potential winner.
By entering the Contest and/or accepting a prize, the entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Released Parties from any liability whatsoever and waive any and all causes of action, for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising out of, or in connection with, the Contest or acceptance, possession, or use of any prize (including without limitation claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
7. GENERAL: The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, non-refundable, has no cash surrender value and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute the prize, or a portion thereof, with (a) prize(s) of equivalent or greater value for any reason. If, for any reason, more than the advertised number of a prize is claimed, there may be a random draw conducted amongst all eligible prize claimants, or such other method chosen at Contest Sponsor's sole discretion, to award the correct number of prizes.
The decisions of the Contest Sponsor and/or the Administrator are final and each entrant agrees to abide by all of the instructions and decisions of the Contest Sponsor and/or Administrator. In the event of any dispute regarding the interpretation of these Official Rules, the decision or interpretation of the Contest Sponsor and/or the Administrator shall prevail.
No communication will be entered into except with selected entrants.
All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsor. Any entry that is illegible, incomplete, altered, or contains false information, is invalid. Contest Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of Twitter, any Internet or telephone network or broadcast transmission during the Contest Period.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: The Released Parties shall not be liable for any damages caused or alleged to be caused by or resulting from: (i) any entry, prize or other correspondence or data that is lost, stolen, late, garbled, distorted, delayed, damaged or misdirected for any reason; (ii) any failure, interruption, technical malfunction or delay; (iii) any e-mail, text or other communication sent or received to or from the Contest Sponsor or any of its agents or designees, for any reason; (iv) any incorrect, untimely or inaccurate information, whether caused by the Sites, users or by equipment or programming errors associated with or utilized in the Contest; (v) any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of any entry or entries in the Contest; for problems with the function of any website or website feature, howsoever caused; (vi) the malfunction of, or damage caused to, any telephone network or lines, computer equipment, data, software, online systems, servers or access providers; (vii) any functionality lost due to not having cookies enabled; (viii) traffic congestion on the Internet; (ix) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks; (x) breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer "hackers" or for any damage caused to or incurred by any entrant or any other person by reason of any such event or occurrence; or (xi) technical, hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions including lost, misappropriated or corrupted entries, virus, worm or Trojan Horse damage or any other damage which may limit a participant's ability to participate in the Contest.
9. ERRORS: The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Contest, including but not limited to errors in advertising, the Official Rules, the selection and announcement of winners, or the distribution of any prize. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to terminate this Contest or change these Official Rules at any time, at its sole discretion without notice to participants.
10. TERMINATION/MODIFICATION: Subject to applicable law, if the Contest is not capable of running as planned for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause of any nature whatsoever beyond the reasonable control of the Released Parties which corrupt or affect the administration, security or proper conduct of this Contest, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion to, without advance notice, terminate or suspend the Contest, in whole or in part, or modify it in any way.
11. CONSTRUCTION: Subject to applicable law and these Official Rules, this Contest and the Official Rules shall be governed by Ontario law and all entrants expressly agree that the Ontario courts shall have sole jurisdiction over any dispute or litigation arising from or relating to this Contest and agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of Ontario. The venue of any dispute or litigation shall be Toronto, Ontario.
The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
12. DISQUALIFICATIONS: The Contest Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found (i) to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (ii) to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or (iii) to be acting in an un-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, or to post inappropriate or demeaning material on the web page. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY ALTER OR DAMAGE ANY ENTRY OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSORS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY SUCH ENTRANT OR INDIVIDUAL AND SEEK DAMAGES OR ANY OTHER REMEDY FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT OR INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
13. World Pond Hockey ("WPH"): The Contest is subject to these complete Official Rules and all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and regulations. By participating in the Contest, you acknowledge that you have read the Official Rules and agree to abide by their terms and by the decisions of the Contest Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to the Contest. You also acknowledge that this Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter. All federal, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
®/MD Anheuser-Busch, LLC